My Bloody Valentine - Part 4

15:01 mickz 0 Comments




At that current moment it’s as if everything had frozen, I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. I could hear deep heavy breathing coming from right next to me. Everything was moving so slow but I knew I had to get that gun one way or another.

She still had a firm grip on my hair, which she then started pulling aggressively. It was hurting so much I had to do something to get her off me, so I stretched out my hand in order to find something and I use to get her off me.

The pain of her pulling my hair almost became unbearable, there was nothing in sight that I could grab a hold of. Then my fingertips it something small but long, so I stretched out my fingers with every ounce of strength I had left just so that I could grab a hold of it.

 To my delight, I managed to grab it, even though I had no idea what I had grabbed without looking I stabbed it with the hand she was using to grab my hair with.

“Ahhh you fucking bitch!” she screamed out loud. I took this opportunity to get the gun but she managed to grab me by one leg and drag me away from it.

“Hahahahaha! You actually stabbed me with a fucking pen, I’m going to kill you.” She said assertively with a devilish look on her face.

I could tell she had lost the plot; her left hand was dripping with blood. The pen I had used to stab her with was now on the floor covered with her blood.

“You don’t have to do this,” I said as I tried to get up. Then without any warning, she lashed out at my stomach causing me drop back down clutching my stomach. As I lay there in pain gasping for air, I saw her walk towards the gun and pick it up.

This was actually it; I was going to die here on Valentines Day all because of someone else’s mistake. I wish I didn’t meet John, but then again he changed and shaped me into the woman that I am today.

“Before you kill me, I want to ask you if you even have a plan for what you’ll do after all of this,” I said swiftly.

“Don’t worry about what I’m going to be doing bitch you only have yourself to blame for all of this,” She said as she now pointed the gun directly at me using both her hands.

“Fine just get it over and done with already.” I said as I shut my eyes and silent tears started streaming down my cheeks.

“Gloria! Stop!” John’s deep voice echoed through the house. I opened my eyes to look into the bathroom; then to my disbelief, there was John on both he feet leaning against the door. He was breathing heavily whilst holding one of the towels against his wound. Only God knows how he mustered up enough strength to get up, but he was up and got both our attention.

“Oh, so you’re still alive,” Gloria said with a smirk on her face with the gun still pointed at me.

“What are you doing Gloria? This isn’t you, come on put the gun down.” He said sincerely whilst gripping the towel on his wound. I could tell he was in agony, I knew he couldn’t keep this up for too long.

“You have no right to fucking talk, John. You caused all of this, you’re the one who was fucking someone else.” She shouted at him.

“I know I messed up but killing her won’t make things any better. We have a son, think about him please.” He said as tears ran from his unblinking eyes and dripped steadily onto his shirt.

“Tell me this how long have you been fucking this whore and did it start when I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia?” She asked him.

Things were really heating up now, John was taking his time to answer so I knew exactly what he was going to come out with. As for me, I was frozen on the spot, any sort of movement and I knew I was a dead girl.

“5 years and yes shortly after, but if you can just let me expl-,”

Without any warning, Gloria cut him off “Shut up! Just shut up!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“How could you do this? 5 whole years!!! Our son is 3 years old, John how could you do this!”  She yelled out loud, you could tell there was so much raw pain inside her that could not be contained. I felt my eyes widen and pulse quicken, there was raging building up inside of me, I felt her pain and honestly at the moment I too wanted him to die.

“I love my son, I’ve been a good father to him. I did Love you, but after you got diagnosed with Schizophrenia you made shit hard for me. Then I feel for Sandra, it just happened.” He said, and then all of a sudden he fell onto one knee. The loss of blood was finally taking its toll on him it’s a miracle that he has even managed to stay conscious this long.

“Wait you don't love me anymore?” She said softly as her facial expression dropped and slowly lowered her gun.”

Eyes that once danced with fiery rage were now vacant. The mouth that was so sharp to curse me was not trembling before my eyes. The legs that she used to kick me in my stomach now looked as if they were weak and fragile to the extent that no living person could maintain. There was no doubt that this woman standing in front of me has given up on life.
“We can still be there for our son, we can work something out here,” He said as he positioned his back against the door of the bathroom.

“It’s all over now John you can have her, I’m going to end this now,” Gloria said as she stared into space. She then went into her pocket and took out her phone and started dialing.

“I’m calling to report a murder at 17 Kingsfold Road Grittenham SN15 6JY,” She said to the person on the other side of the phone.

“Please, please think of your son, I don’t want to die. Nobody has to die today.” I said, trying to convince her to change her mind.

“Don’t worry everything is going to be okay Sandra. John promise me that you’ll tell my son Jaden that I loved him.” She said as she sobbed.

“What are you talking about you can tell him yourself. Just put down the gun Gloria.” John shouted.

“Fucking hell man just promise me!” she snapped back at him.

“Fine! Fine, I promise I’ll tell him.” John said without hesitating.

“Thank you,” Gloria said as she now closed her eyes and smiled.

That was the first time I ever saw her smile. It transformed her from someone menacing to someone you wished you knew. Then with a blink of an eye, she put the gun underneath her chin and pulled the trigger.

“Nooo Gloria!” John shouted as he stretched out his hand but it was too late she was gone. I couldn’t believe my eyes; she just killed herself, her body slammed against the floor with a loud thump.

John too looked as if he was fading away as well, but I knew I had to call for him immediately. I rushed over to where Gloria was spread out and took her phone and dialed the number for the ambulance. All I could do now is wait for help but I could shake off the fact that there was one dead body in the room and potentially another one minute’s from the same fate. I took one deep breath in and released as this nightmare had finally come to an end.


There was no her without him, no life without his love. He had been her all, her knight and shining armour, and existing when he no longer loved her cracked her mind in a way that would never heal again. So she decided to take her own life, but before she did she pictured all the memories she cherished with him so in the end she died loving him and her son Jaden.

0 comments :